Skillet madness over on the Instagrams!
There’s no surprise how passionately I can get into a skillet. They are too easy to make, eat, and clean. I’ve gone Italian, Mexican, French, cookie, you name it — but now I have a new one for you: American. Actually, I don’t quite know how American this one is, but since it has sweet potato, bacon, and herbs, I’m calling it American.
Yes, you heard me right, sweet potato, bacon, and herbs. And eggs. Duh. While the other skillets are perfect for anytime, this sweet potato skillet is killer for post workout. If many of you know me well, you know I am a weirdo when it comes to carbs and devour them after workouts primarily. I just feel much better that way.
Tip: the best way to do this post workout is to prep everything but the baking step and fridge until done with your workout. Then heat up and add the eggs, bake and voila, a perfect sweet potato skillet for your post workout carb feast.
- 1 sweet potato, baked
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig thyme
- 3 pastured eggs
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Bake sweet potato ahead of time until it is done. 350 for about 45 minutes should do it.
- Cook down the 3 slices of bacon in cast iron skillet, remove from pan and dice.
- Leave bacon fat in pan and cook onions, garlic and herbs.
- Add sweet potato and bacon, mash slightly.
- Add 3 eggs and put in oven for 10 minutes or until eggs are desired consistency.
by Anthony Gustin