Want to see how I attempt to drink and stay healthy? Then follow me on Instagram!
If you’ve seen the other recipe for the Blackberry Tequila Mojito, you will know we’re not shy about posting paleo drinks and recipes up here on the site. I know this could get me thrown in paleo prison by the paleo police, but people are going to drink. It is 2014, not 40000 BC, after all. What’s the best way to do it? Without mixers and with fresh ingredients. Without crazy amounts of corn syrup, artificial dyes and sodas and gluten and yeast.
Paleo vodka & peach lemonade is the answer this time! Again, massive amounts of citrus helps to detox the alcohol and soda water helps to process the alcohol. Garnish however you’d like, but adding a rosemary sprig for a stir stick adds a nice spice as well as a fancy touch that is easy to impress.
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 3/4 peach, sliced
- 1 lemon
- 8 ounces sparkling/still water
- 1 rosemary sprig
- Quarter the peaches and cut the rinds off of the lemons. The easiest method is cutting each end of the lemon off then slicing the rinds off the side. Squeeze whatever juice you can from the rinds into a blender or cup.
- Depending on how sweet you want this, tweak the lemon to peach ratio. Want this sweeter? Use more peach. Less sweet? More lemon! We recommend about a 1:1 ratio. Place the cut up pieces along with a few splashes of water and pulse in blender to desired consistency.
- Fill glass with some ice, pour some vodka over, pour some puree in, then the rest with sparkling or still water. Our paleo vodka of choice is Tito's (Austin, TX) or Hangar 1 (Alameda, CA). Mix with spoon.
- We used rosemary sprigs to give the drink a nice little spice to it. Chop lemons fine or slice some peach wedges to throw on top if you're feeling up for it. Serve and enjoy!
by Anthony Gustin