Want some other warm meals? Follow me on Instagram!
Fall is cold, chili is warm. Easy choice process there. Time to warm up with some nice hot and amazingly tasty chili. When thinking how to make chili healthier this was an easy though – make it a beanless chili and take out the flour. But what do you replace those beans with to make a great beanless chili? Well, I went with more meat.
I present you here with five meat beanless chili! Bacon, ground pork, ground beef, bison and stew meat. Are you drooling yet? Combine that with local veggies you should be getting from the farmer’s market and BAM! Best chili ever. What makes it better is that you basically just cook some meat then throw everything into a slow cooker and let it do the work for you! Read on and let’s get to going!
Skip ahead a few hours. Imagine it. And now you’ve made the most delicious and most satisfying fall time meal imaginable! Hope you enjoyed the five meat beanless chili!
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef
- 4 -6 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 8 stalks celery
- 2 medium onions
- 10 mixed peppers
- 10 mixed tomatoes
- 1 pound stew meat
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound pastured bacon
- 1 pound grass fed bison
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop bacon. Put all the meat in a pan and brown it. If you don't have a big enough pan cook in batches. Add to slow cooker. DO NOT DRAIN FAT. If you bought the correct type of meat you WANT this fat. Keep it in there. Don't throw away that liquid gold.
- Chop peppers, tomatoes, onion, celery into whatever size chunks you want and add to the the slow cooker. Get some spicy peppers if you like spicy. Get a bunch of different tomatoes to vary the flavor. Add the chili powder and stir everything up.
- This step is easy. Top the crock and cook the beanless chili on low for up to 10-12 hours. If you are on a time crunch, high at 4-5 works as well.
- Add the tomato paste and simmer for 30-60 minutes. This step will thicken the beanless chili up a little bit. This is where most chili requires flour. Not here!
by Anthony Gustin