Want to see what other treats I whip up? Follow me on Instagram!
I often find myself browsing aisles at Whole Foods looking for suitable meal replacement bars for traveling or while on the go. Soy. Brown rice syrup. Rolled oats. Blah, blah, blah. LaraBars and other similar paleo approved products are great and all, but they usually include high amounts of carbs and little protein. Turns out I’m looking for sustainable blood sugar and some food for my lean tissue.
Enter our Coconut Macadamia Paleo Protein Balls. This recipe resulted from a “if you want it done right, do it yourself” mindset. Source matters with protein powders, so for these treats we use Vanilla pureWOD BUILD. BUILD is grass fed beef, sweetened with stevia and the addition of coconut milk powder makes it a very well rounded protein.
Use this paleo protein ball recipe for times where you know you’re not going to have access to food, or just don’t want to eat a whole meal. These things are dense and easy to overdo! Enjoy in moderation.
Beware. These fall into the “paleo treat” category in my mind. What does that mean? Stop at a few and don’t eat 100 of these things. Easy to do! They are very dense and can add up quickly!
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 scoops Vanilla pureWOD BUILD
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup crushed macadamia nuts
- stevia to taste
- You can use whatever you want for this process, but we regularly use a BlendTec Twister Jar for a few pulses. Does quite the job!
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Save the stevia for last and add one drop at a time for taste. Should be quite sticky like cookie dough batter. If too dry, add a little more almond butter. Take little clumps and roll them into balls of whatever size you like.
- Roll the little ball shaped protein goodness in coconut flakes. Store in the fridge and they keep for 5-7 days.
by Anthony Gustin