Want to see other game day snacks I whip up? All on my Instagram page.
Alright, I have a confession to make. Football season is coming up and I’m a little bit of a freak when it comes to Sunday traditions. What does that involve? Making copious amounts of game day food to snack on while watching the Minnesota Vikings (rarely) dominate. With NFL set to be back up soon it is a perfect time to start rolling out some of our game day favorites.
These bacon and jalapeno paleo chicken bites are a staple come game day. They’re easy to prepare, cook and clean up after, so you’re not going to miss any precious game time! Serve them up with little chunks of avocado or lettuce wraps if you want to get a little extra crunch in there!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 jalapeños, sliced lengthwise
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- sea salt, black pepper
- Cut the chicken up into little bite sized pieces. Slice the jalapenos down the middle and pull out the seeds and stem. Slice into slivers. Since we are going with a fatty chicken meat here, check out our guide on sourcing chicken. Get your chicken pastured and you can reap the benefits of a favorable fat profile and increased nutrient density!
- Place a sliver of jalapeno on the chicken and wrap with piece of bacon. The sides that fold over should be tucked on the bottom and placed on a cooking sheet. If you're smart in this step you'll use tin foil to line the baking sheet to save quite some time in the clean up phase!
- Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper and some cayenne pepper. OR use whatever seasoning you want. Your choice!
- Toss in the oven at 350F for around 45-55 minutes, depending on how thick you ended up cutting the chicken. Slice a piece in half when you think they are done and you should see no more pink meat and clear juices. Time to feast.
by Anthony Gustin